Wednesday 15 August 2012

Smiley #1: Rainy forests.

As I embark on my newest attempt to make a mark on cyber space, I must say I am mildly skeptical. Blogging has never quite been within my grasp, like the word constantly only at the tip of your tongue or the branch just beyond your fingers' reach. Yet, here I am after a fit of inspiration thanks to that one last nudge by the gorgeous Agita.

This post is the first of a dream series that I have always wanted to write. When I told a friend of mine the reason for me writing a blog, her first reaction was 'That's why you have a dairy!'. Well, I'm usually no good with that either so I'm hoping the unseen push of one-off reader will act as motivation for me to get my hands on the keyboard and start thundering away.

The Smiley series is fairly straightforward as a concept. Inspired by the 1000 Awesome Things blog (http://1000awesomethings.com/), I just wanted to document everything that makes me happy for my future reference as well as doing my bit to make atleast cyber space slightly cheerier than it is today!

The first in the series is the rain. Especially in forests. If it is dark, that's the cherry on the cake. All you can see in front of you is sheets of water, falling with infinite precision and grace from so high above to particular points on the Earth. The forests transform in the rain. Everything is quiet, serene, natural. The greens look deeper, darker, purer. The roads look less intruding as they take on a cover of clear water and if you watch closely enough, you can see the animals peering from a natural hideout in some obscure corner.

Getting drenched is a joy in itself. The surprise of the first few drops. The reflex to take cover immediately after. The final resignation of the cold drops and at the very end, the pure abandon that accompanies splashing and running in the rain.

No matter just how busy our schedules are, how many deadlines have to be met or how many preoccupations take control of our mind, the few minutes spent out in the open literally wash away all those thoughts. The look you get from your roommate when you walk in dripping wet asking for a towel and the warmth of dry clothes and a cozy room reminds you why you should take the trouble to get out of bed and embrace the forests that surround you.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful, rhythmic writing as always!=) makes the person reading it feel as if with you! welcome to the blogging world yash!=)

    love from over here =D

    Prat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you :)
    Thankie so much! Let's hope this foray into the blogging world lasts longer than all the others put together :P

    Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you enjoyed the rain so much! Very vivid. As usual, well written!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the opportunity to fulfill your dreams in the next few months, as the monsoon approaches and you live in a forest for a campus :)

    Looking forward to more posts in your dream series. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete